Fast Super Dryer
Eureka Dry Tech’s Fast Super Dryer dry cabinets provide automatic relative humidity control of <5% RH, <10% RH, <20% RH and user adjustable 10%~50% RH storage environments with fast recovery times at NTP condition without using N2/dry air purging. Increase product quality, reliability and yield rates by solving trace moisture problems. Eureka's Fast Super Dryer are widely used in R&D, high-tech & electronic manufacturing industries, laboratories, clean rooms, warehouse, etc.
Moisture sensitivity in Surface Mount Technology (SMT) is a constant problem as the industry utilizes high temperature reflow process. Many serious manufacturing defects and failures may not show up until the product is in the field are resulted from improper storage and handling of moisture sensitive components and PCBs during the assembly process. Without proper moisture control, field failures will occur. These are important factors for manufacturing industries where product reliability must be tightly controlled such as automotive, defense, medical devices, aeronautics & aviation industries.
As development cycles shorten, invention of ever-smaller device, innovative use of new materials and larger wafer chip development, all contributing to a rapid increase of moisture-sensitive devices and higher levels of trace moisture sensitivity during reflow process. Internal component damage due to trace moisture expansion, will result in MSDs during surface mount reflow process. Storing moisture sensitive devices (MSD) and components in Eureka Dry Tech’s Fast Super Dryer JEDEC Dry Cabinet will provide extended floor life and will prevent moisture expansion, popcorning, intermetallic growth, oxidation, solderability and other moisture related problem from occurring in the first place.
- Trace moisture causes failures to components and PCBs during high temperature reflow process. When absorbed moisture rapidly expand from high temperatures, common internal component damages and failures such as micro-cracking, blistering, popcorn effects will occur in moisture sensitive devices, packages and components.
- Printed Circuit Boards are hygroscopic. Absorbed moisture will lead to delamination in PCB when moisture inside the layers causes expansion during the reflow process.
Eureka Dry Tech’s JEDEC dry cabinets, dry boxes, and desiccators will provide ultra-low humidity storage environment conforming to IPC/JEDECJ-STD 033 & IPC-1601, storage and handling standards for MSDs and PCBs.
Similar to an oven, Eureka Dry Tech Fast Super Dryer also dehumidifies during storage, providing alternative drying methods optimal for removing moisture in all moisture sensitive materials in SMT production, solving all moisture damage problems during reflow process.
- Baking process uses high temperature to dry PCBs and will cause breakdowns of protective coatings, lead oxidation, intermetallic buildup and reduces solder ability of circuit boards.
- Nitrogen and clean dry air purge is costly and will only force moisture from the storage cabinet providing a humidity controlled environment. Nitrogen purging will not dry or remove moisture that has absorbed into the moisture sensitive materials, components or devices.
- When components are removed from moisture barrier bags, Eureka’s ultra-low humidity storage cabinet will stop floor life clock for all IC packages such as:
Dual-in-line: Flatpack, SOIC, SOJ, TSOP, SSOP, TSSOP, QSOP, VSOP, DFN
Quad-in-line: PLCC, QFP, LQFP, PQFP, CQFP, MQFP, TQFP, QFN, LCC, MLP, PQFN
Grid arrays: PGA, BGA, LGA, FBGA, LFBGA, TFBGA, CGA, CCGA, μBGA, LLP
- Drying and storage of multi-layer PCB and PWB before and after mounting, including dual side boards awaiting second side reflow.
- Moisture controlled storage with drying/desiccating capabilities for PCB pattern film/prepreg, quartz, fiber optics, CCDs, etc.
- PP plate, Prepreg, Solder Paste, Semi-mounted PCB, Mounted PCB, Die Cast & Mold compounds, Bonding materials, Fluorescence powder, LCG board, Wafer, CCD, Condenser, Oscillators, etc.
- Stable and reliable humidity control storage options of <5% RH (XDC series), <10% RH (SDC series), <20% RH (TD series) or 10%~50% RH (TUS series)
- Fast recovery times in ambient temperature and pressure (NTP) conditions without using costly nitrogen (N2) or dry air purging. Solving all moisture related problems while increasing yield rates.
- Moisture is removed and expelled from the cabinets by the use of desiccant dehumidifiers which automatically regenerates. No fans are required to ventilate.
- Dual hydrometer sensor designs with independent hydrometer monitoring relative humidity levels inside the cabinet.
- Provides moisture sensitive devices infinite floor-life meeting IPC/JEDEC J-STD 033 standards.
- Eureka’s dry cabinets will provide storage environment meeting IPC 1601 standards optimal for multi-layer Printed Circuit Board / Printed Wire Boards.
- All of Eureka’s Fast Super Dryer dry cabinets are equipped with anti-static paint, glass, casters and 1M ohm grounding cable meeting IEC-61340-5-1 (ESD) Standard.
– Dual RH Sensor Design
Built-in independent moisture sensors in the drying system and hygrometer provides RH monitoring independent of each other.
– Electro Static Discharge (ESD) Safe
All of Eureka Dry Tech’s Fast Super Dryers are equipped with anti-static: paint, glass, shelves, stands/casters and a ground wire with 1MΩ for your storage protection meeting IEC-61340-5-1 (ESD) Standard.
– Dehumidification at Room Temperature
Unlike baking ovens, Eureka’s Fast Super Dryers do not have thermal and moisture re-trapping effects. Eliminates breakdowns of protective coatings, lead oxidation, intermetallic buildup and reduces solder ability of circuit boards
|XDC series||SDC series||TD series||TUS series|
|Range||< 5% RH||<10% RH||<20% RH||10%~50% RH|
|Recovery Time||<5% RH within 30 minutes||<10% RH within 30 minutes||<20% RH within 30 minutes||<20% RH within 2 hours|
|Applications||Ultra-low humidity infinite storage of MSD.||Ultra low humidity storage for MSDs during SMT assembly / PCB manufacturing, packaging, and processing.||Stable low humidity storage of hygroscopic components and precision equipment/instruments.||Low humidity storage of materials and equipment with wide range controllable RH levels.|